Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fully Loaded Cookies

I'm sorry... it's been FOREVER since I've posted real food! I need to get some meat back on this blog! It's been all sweets for the last several posts but I just can't help it! I've been in a baking mood - and today was no different. I had no intentions of making anything today but as the baby went down for his afternoon nap & the bigs all went out front to run amuck with the neighbor kids the bug hit me. I needed to bake. So I opened up my recipe file, looked through some of the dessert-type things & tried to decide what I'd make. But I didn't have the cream cheese for one thing or the blueberries for another or the lemon for another or the coconut for another, so instead I closed my computer & stood in front of the cupboards to see what I *did* have (and suppressed the little voice in the back of my head that kept telling me I should figure out what to make for dinner rather than making cookies!) I had half a bag of butterscotch chips, half a bag of white chips, half a bag of chocolate chips, some pecans left in the bottom of the bag, etc.... so I figured I'd throw it all together & see how it turned out! I done good. These are really good cookies! Who knew - everything but the kitchen sink!

Here are our ingredients:


Flour, brown sugar, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, white chips, diced pecans, oats, eggs, salt, baking soda, vanilla & margarine. I went with brown sugar in this one because it has just a little more moisture than white sugar & I figured with all the dry fixings in this cookie the dough could use a little help staying moist!

First we're gonna cream together the butter & sugar.


Then add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Add the vanilla.


Now mix the flour, salt & soda in a separate bowl & add it to the mixture.


Now add all the rest of the junk you found in the pantry!


Now, normally I would use my 1 Tbsp cookie scoop to measure out the cookies but today I was feeling a little frisky... I went for the 2 Tbsp scoop! I'm totally living on the edge. It's exhilarating. Simple joys. Do you have a cookie scoop? If you're answering NO then you have an assignment... GO GET ONE! Once you've used one you'll never go back to the 2-spoon method again! Seriously. Get one.


Now pop them into the oven at 375 for about 10 minutes - until they just start to change color. Let them cool on the pan for a few minutes & then cool them on a rack.

Mmmm..... Here they are!


Look inside...


SO. DARN. GOOD.

Fully Loaded Cookies:

2 sticks (1 cup) of margarine, softened
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups oats
1 cup white chips
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup diced pecans
1/2 cup butterscotch chips

Cream the softened margarine & sugar together. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.

In a separate bowl combine flour, salt & soda. Add to creamed mixture. Add remaining ingredients & mix well.

Scoop 2-Tbsp scoops onto a cookie sheet & bake at 375 for about 10 minutes - until the color just starts to change. Cool on the pan for a few minutes & then cool completely on wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter