Friday, January 7, 2011

Pineapple Glazed Ham

Costco sells these Ham Steaks. They come individually wrapped, 3 in a pack & they're like $12-$14. Each one is the perfect size to serve my [not so] little family. I cut it into 8 pieces (like you would a pizza) & each kids gets one, Hubby & I each take 2.

I LOVE THEM.

I really, truly do. Not so much because they're amazingly delicious or anything - I mean, they're ham. Not gourmet ham, but not trash ham. Just good, acceptable ham. So why do I love them? Because you can keep them in the freezer & if you have a night where dinner time sneaks up on you & you have the ever-familiar Oh Crap!! moment (ya, you know what I'm talking about) you can stick this little plastic sealed steak of ham in the sink, cover it with hot water & it's thawed in like 5 minutes. Then pop it into a pan over med heat, 3-4 minutes per side & you're done! From Oh Crap!! to DONE! in under 15 minutes. High 5's for Mom! This week I dressed it up with a pineapple glaze, but oft times I just serve it straight or with a squirt of mustard.

Let's get cooking!


Ham, brown sugar, crushed pineapple, ground mustard, cornstarch.

If you're just making this to have right then & there just mix things in a bowl. But this is also a wonderful freezer meal that you can prepare ahead. My pictures reflect the freezer prep just because I felt like doing it that way for the pics. But no need to spend a Ziplock bag of you don't want to.

Mix everything but the ham in your bag/bowl.


Add the ham. (If you're not going into the freezer you can skip this step!)


Dump everything together into a large skillet over medium heat. Cook about 4 minutes per side.


Serve with some of the pineapple sauce spooned over the top & enjoy!


Pineapple Glazed Ham:

Ham Steak
1 14-oz can crushed pineapple, undrained
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 Tbsp cornstarch

Mix everything but the ham together in a bowl.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray with a shot of PAM & add the ham & pineapple mixture to the pan. Cook about 4 minutes per side & enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter