Sunday, April 24, 2011

Fresh Baked Rolls... kinda!



Looks good, right? Smells good, too! I love good, warm, homemade, fresh-from-the-oven rolls. But honestly, when I'm cooking up a big meal full of other homemade stuff, the rolls are just one more thing that I don't have the energy to fuss with. So I cheat! How do I make my rolls?


Rhodes does it for me! These come in a bag - I get the 36-roll size, and it's just full of frozen balls of dough! They are cheap (like $3 for this bag!) & easy & so, so, so good! Just plan ahead... you need 3-5 hours for them to rise from the frozen state.

Just spray your pan with PAM, lay down the frozen balls & cover with plastic wrap that has also been sprayed with PAM (on the side that will touch the rolls).


The let them rise in your favorite warm spot. As you may remember, my spot is in the microwave above the oven - with the under-light on. It brings in just enough heat to get a great rise!


After about 4 hours:


Then take off the plastic, pop them in a 350 oven for about 15 minutes.



Helloooooooooooooooo gorgeous!!

As soon as they come out of the oven I rub the tops with a stick of butter.

They are so soft, fluffy, sweet & wonderful. If ever I'm going to a party & I'm assigned to bring the rolls I might bust out the effort to go scratch. But when it's just us at home!!? Rhodes does it for me.


Happy eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter