Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lemon Cake Cookies

We got home from our Disney trip on Friday about 4:45 & while Hubby unloaded the car I went straight to the kitchen to see what homemade food I could serve up for dinner! We had a whole week of cold cereal breakfasts, PBJ sandwiches for lunch & eating out for dinner. I was SO ready for something not greasy or expensive or served to me by someone I have to tip! LOL (Although it was awfully nice to not do the dishes!!) As I looked to the cupboards for inspiration I saw a box of lemon cake mix & got completely distracted! I wanted cookies!! So I made cookies! Don't worry, thanks to my freezer I was able to pull out a bag of frozen spaghetti sauce, frozen broccoli/carrots/cauliflower and some frozen french bread & we had a good meal - I just whipped up these cookies as it was all coming together!



You can make these with ANY flavor of cake mix; chocolate, strawberry, lemon, vanilla, butter pecan, funfetti, etc. And it becomes even more of an endless stream of possibilities when you consider the different flavor extracts you can add in!

You'll need:


Cake mix, oil & eggs.

Just mix them all up in your mixer...


Plop 'em on a cookie sheet....


Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes....


and you're DONE!!!


Was that not the easiest cookie EVER!!? Sometimes when I do the lemon I add in 1/2 tsp of lemon extract & dip the tops in a little powdered sugar before I bake 'em.

Cake Mix Cookies:

1 box cake mix - any flavor
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1/2 tsp flavor extract, any flavor (optional)

Mix everything together. Drop by tablespoon scoop onto a cookie sheet. bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter