Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Luke!

I'm much too frugal to pay for an over-priced, under-flavored store-bought birthday cake, so I always make them at home (often to my kids' dismay!) They beg & plead for the cakes they find in those laminated catalog pages at the bakeries - loaded with plastic figurines of their favorite characters. However, by the time I've taken the characters & put my own Mommy Magic on it, the end result always leaves a smile on the kids' faces. :o) This is the cake we enjoyed at Luke's 7th birthday party this weekend.


I love you so much, Luke! Thanks for making me a mom. I cannot believe you are already SEVEN! It has been a pleasure to watch you learn & grow & become such an amazing young man!

1 comment:

  1. Perfect cake! It seems like I have managed to finalize everything. It was easy to book a perfect event space and now I am glad I found a perfect cake as well. My son is going to love it. Thanks a lot for sharing this here. I just have to get the colors and recipe for this now. Can you help?

    ReplyDelete

Counter