Thursday, July 29, 2010

Banana Chocolate Chip Pecan Pancakes

I know - it's a long name. But I wanted to make sure to mention all three key players because they are all noticed and they are all the stars of the show - a great ensemble, if you will!

Have you ever made pancakes from scratch? It's completely worth the extra steps! The just-add-water stuff definitely has its place in our kitchen, but when I'm feeling like giving it a little more love, scratch is the way I go!

***

I didn't take a picture of all the ingredients because... well, maybe it's because I'm lazy. I think it's probably more that I'm so anal about not having a cluttered work space that the thought of pulling everything out for a pic, putting it all away & then pulling each thing out one at a time as I use it/put it away - the extra work just didn't appeal to me! LOL So - ya. I guess we'll call it lazy.

In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt. Set it aside.

In another bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, butter & sugar.


Now grab the dry ingredients, make a well & slowly pour in the liquid you just whisked up.

It'll be way more than your well can hold, but just go with it. Don't over mix this - just get it all combined & smooth out most of the chunks of powder.

Now add in your diced banana, mini chocolate chips & diced pecans. Please note that I said MINI chocolate chips. You might think that there's really no difference between the minis & the regular ones so you'll just use the full-sized ones in your cupboard. Don't do it! Go buy the minis! The difference is that with big chips you'll get bites of chocolate. That's what you'll taste - is a big, melted chip. But if you get the minis, you get a hint of the chocolate flavor to compliment the bananas & pecans. Just do it. Trust me.


All right - batter's done! now let's get these babies cookin'!

Heat a skillet over medium heat & hit it with a shot of PAM. Use 1/4 cup of batter for each cake. Once it begins to get bubbles around the edges you know it's time to turn it.


FLIP! Mmm.... I'm getting excited!

Serve them up with some bananas, pecans or mini chips over the top, a drizzle of syrup or sprinkle of powdered sugar. You've got a cavity - I mean Heaven - on a plate!


Hellllloooooooo gorgeous!

Banana Chocolate Chip Pecan Pancakes

1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
3 Tbsp butter, melted
2 eggs
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 large banana, diced
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped pecans (I buy pecan chips)

Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt in a big bowl. Set aside. In another bowl whisk together milk, eggs, melted butter, sugar & vanilla.

Make a well in your dry ingredients & slowly stir in the liquid. Don't over stir - just get it all combined. Fold in bananas, chips & pecans.

Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spray it with some Pam & drop on pancakes by the 1/4 cup full. Cook until bubbles show up around the edges & flip. Whenthe second side is done serve 'em up! Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. D'lish! I just love yummy pancake recipes like this! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Counter