Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Banana Apple Pecan Bread

This is a recipe I got from a friend, Kim. It's become a favorite among several of our friends & three of them mentioned making it in the past couple of days so I decided to join the crowd. I'm such a sheep! I'm a follower. I should feel ashamed - but I don't! C'mon... join the herd and try this out! I've tweeked it a little bit because I'm a tinkering kind of a girl... and it's good. Dang good. I don't even remember what I changed about it - I think I added the diced apple, the pecans & the sugar/cinnamon topping, but other than that, I think it's what she gave me!! And a bonus? EGG FREE! So, if you're allergic, sensitive or have a special diet you can indulge in this great, moist, sweet treat of a bread!

Ingredients:

Ripe bananas, Granny Smith apple, applesauce, pecans, sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, vanilla & cinnamon.

Start out by mashing up 3 ripe bananas and peeling/dicing up 1 Granny Smith apple. Make sure it's a Granny Smith, too - I've tried it with a Red Delicious (because that's what I had in the fridge) and it just wasn't that good. Go get the Granny. Throw them in the bowl with the applesauce and sugars & mix them up well. Then let them sit for about 10-15 minutes. I'm not sure why - Kim told me to do that!


Now just add in all the rest of the ingredients & mix, mix, mix!

Now, from here you can just pour it into a greased single loaf pan & bake it at 350 for about 40-45 minutes. But I can't. I have to over achieve. It's the Type-A in me. So I put it into 8 individual loafs .....


..... and then sprinkle the tops with some brown sugar & cinnamon.



And if you go this route you'll only bake them for about 25 minutes.


Mmmmmm..... breathe it in, Baby! It smells fantastic! You can either dive in while it's warm or let it cool a bit. If I'm being honest, I think it's better when it's a day old! It's cool & the apples have firmed back up a bit. SO GOOD! Go make this. Baaaaaaaa. Be a sheep. Everybody's doing it.


Banana Apple Pecan Bread:

3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled & diced
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Mix first 4 ingredients & let it sit for 15 minutes.

Add remaining ingredients & pour into greased loaf pan. Sprinkle top with brown sugar & cinnamon. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter