Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Honey Pecan Pork Chops

I thought we'd try out a new recipe tonight - Honey Pecan Pork Chops. Sounds yummy, right? They were pretty good. I don't know that I'd call them the greatest chops I've ever eaten, but definitely a good alternative to the savory chops we usually have around here! Ready? Let's cook.

Let's see what we're working with:


Pork chops, honey, pecans, onion, butter, flour, salt & pepper.

Start out by dicing up the onion - or rather, HALF of the onion! Melt half a stick of butter - 1/4 cup - in a skillet over med-high (closer to med, though). Add the onions & cook them for a few minutes.


While those are cooking mix about 1/2 cup of flour with some salt & pepper - however much you like.

Dredge the chops in the flour & add to the skillet with the onions/butter.


Now just cook them til they're done! Flip once or twice. The internal temp of pork should come up to 160 degrees, but remember that it'll cook a little once you take them out of the pan. I took them out at 150 & they were good.


.... and now is the segment in this dinner preparation where I have no pictures. Jack came crawling into the kitchen, tired of being ignored, so I had to finish with him on my hip. Once the chops are done, put them on a warm plate & set aside. Add 1/4 cup of honey & 1/4 cup of chopped pecans to the pan - pan drippings & all. At this time, I also must throw out a disclaimer... I was holding Jack on my hip as I was squeezing the honey into my measuring cup when Jack decided to throw out those lightening quick snatcher claws & sink them palm-deep into the honey. So I had a quick intermission as I tried feverishly to clean it up... and my onions burned. Tasted OK - but makes for ugly pictures. Sorry. Anyway - just stir the honey & pecans around the pan for a minute or two to warm it all up & then pour it down over the top of your chops. MMmmmm.... ENJOY!

(please ignore the ugly black onions!!)

Honey Pecan Pork Chops

4 boneless chops
1/2 onion, diced
1/3 cup flour
salt & pepper to taste
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped pecans

In a large skillet, melt butter over med-high heat. Add onions & saute for a few minutes. Add chops - brown both sides & cooking until done. Transfer to a warm plate.

In a shallow dish, mix together flour, salt & pepper. Dredge chops through the mixture.

Mix honey and pecans into the pan drippings. Heat through, stirring constantly. Pour over chops & serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter