Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Skillet Lasagna

As I was thinking about this post I had to laugh. The spaghetti I posted a while back, which is traditionally a stove-top dish, was made in the oven. And now my "lasagna", typically an oven dish, is made on the stove top. If you're Italian I apologize for any disrespect you may feel by me calling this a lasagna! I know it's not lasagna:

la-sa-gna (luh-zahn-yuh)
-noun
1. large, flat, rectangular strips of pasta.
2. a baked dish consisting of layers of this pasta, cheese, tomato sauce, and usually meat.

OK, so I get it. It's TOTALLY not lasagna! It's noodles, meat, cheese & sauce. But not layered & not flat. So what is it? It's not spaghetti, either. Do you see the struggles I have in my life!!?? I don't know how many times I've asked "What should I name this?" in one of my posts!! LOL Help me, people! Settle the insanity in my life! Name this dish!

Here are the ingredients:


Sausage, bow tie pasta, sour cream, mozzarella, Italian seasonings, garlic powder & marinara sauce (not pictured). I know... how could I forget to put the sauce in the picture!!!? Ugh.

Start out by browning your sausage. If it's in casing just peel it like a banana & crumble it into the pan. You can also just use ground beef. If you do, add about a teaspoon of salt, too. While that is browning up boil your pasta according to the package directions.


Once they're both done, drain the pasta & toss it on top of the meat. Give the pasta a quick drizzle of olive oil so it doesn't get sticky. Add in everything else - the sour cream, cheese, sauce, seasonings. Keep out half the cheese for later & give it all a good stir.


Now top it with the rest of the cheese & pop it under the broiler to melt the cheese. If you're not sure if your skillet is oven safe just wrap tin foil around the handle(s). Leave it there for maybe 5 minutes - until it's good & melted, just starting to brown.


And that's that! My skillet lasagna! Hope you try it and love it!


Skillet Lasagna:

1 lb ground sausage
1 box bow tie pasta
1 jar marinara sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp Italian seasonings
1 tsp garlic powder
a drizzle of olive oil

Brown meat. Boil pasta to al dente. Drain pasta & dump on top of meat. Drizzle with olive oil.

Add remaining ingredients, reserving half the cheese. Stir to combine well.

Top with remaining cheese & put under broiler for about 5 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter