Sunday, March 20, 2011

Blackberry BBQ Chickcen

I have a habit of overcooking my meat - but somehow this time I not only didn't over-cook it, I think I probably could have cooked it a little longer. That never happens! Even Hubby was saying he though it was a little underdone - which also never happens. Oh well - it was much juicer than I like my meat to be, but everyone ate well & nobody got sick so we'll just call it a success. A mild success, but a success, nonetheless! LOL This sauce was sweet & tangy & just a perfect topping for this chicken. I think it would also taste great on pork chops!

Our ingredients:


Chicken breasts, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, blackberry jam, chili powder & salt.

I buy my white vinegar in a big gallon jug because I use it in the laundry, too - to help the towels & bedding (& any clothes that the kids had 'accidents' in!) to smell fresh. I use it in the laundry way more than cooking so it sits on the dryer normally. I always feel so strange grabbing my laundry stuff to cook with! LOL But it's all the same, right!!?

Anyway - mix everything (except the chicken, of course!) in a bowl to make your sauce.


Pour it over the chicken in a prepared baking dish.


Flip it around & get it all nicely covered.


Bake at 350 for 30 minutes (until it's actually DONE! :o)) basting once half way through.

You can also cook it in the crock pot on high for 3 1/2-4 hours.

Or on the grill, basting occasionally.

When it's done you'll have a nice dish of baked on mess! LOL


But it's worth it!!


ENJOY!!



Blackberry BBQ Chicken:

3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup blackberry jam
2 TBsp white vinegar
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts

Mix all the sauce ingredients. Put chicken in a prepared baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken, turning to coat. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until chicken is done.

Source: Aubrey's Recipes


2 comments:

  1. We had this tonight and it was so GOOD!!! Thank you!!! We voted it was a recipe that we will try again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Counter