Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chocolate Crescents

This morning I was craving a little something sweet. I looked in the fridge & saw one last can of crescent rolls from my more-than-necessary sized package I bought at Costco a little while back & then I had my Ah-Ha! Looked in the cupboard & confirmed that I had a package of mini chocolate chips & immediately turned the oven to preheat! LOL The last time I made these little gems was a couple of years ago. We had some friends over for dinner & after the meal I was wanting a dessert but hadn't planned one because we were trying to be good! (P'shaw - like THAT ever works! LOL). Anyway earlier that day at the store I had bought a bag of cinnamon chips & saw a recipe on the bag for Cinnamon Crescents, so I went right to work & 15 minutes later we were enjoying the dessert we didn't have the willpower to avoid. They were really, really good! I figured anything that is good with cinnamon is GREAT with chocolate, right? Surely you all agree! LOL So I made these today - I hope you enjoy! I know we did!


The ingredients don't get any easier than this!


Crescent rolls & chocolate chips (I prefer mini chips for stuff like this).


Unroll your dough into the little triangles & put 2-3 teaspoons of chips at the end. Resist the urge to heap your spoonfuls - you don't want too much in there. Yes, there is such a thing as too much chocolate! I've been there! LOL


Roll them up, sealing the edges to make sure your ships stay put.


Stick 'em on a baking sheet & pop them into the oven - according to the directions on your rolls. Mine were 10 minutes at 375.


Once they come out you can just dig in or, if you have enough self control you can melt some of your chips & drizzle it back & forth across the tops.



SOOOOO good! These are best warm - the dough is still soft & the filling is nice & melty smooth. Don't get me wrong, room-temp is good too, the dough is just stiffer & the chocolate will harden back up!

Go make these!!




Chocolate Crescents:

1 roll of crescent dough
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Unroll the dough into triangles. Place 2-3 teaspoons of chips at the short edge. Roll up, sealing the edges to contain the chips. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Drizzle tops with additional melted chips. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter