Sunday, March 6, 2011

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits - like Red Lobster's

I've never been to Red Lobster. And, honestly, I don't think I will ever go. Nothing against them - I just hate, hate, hate seafood & even though I know they have more than ocean life to offer, I just can't bear to go to a place with a name that shouts *smelly fish* to me (I know, I know - issues! We've disovered them before - I am full of them - you will find more as you get to know me better!) However, I have this biscuit recipe. And nearly every one I have shared them with has told me they taste just like the Cheddar Bay Biscuits from Red Lobster. So, if you DO like the house of crustaceans, you'll definitely love these biscuits - and if, like me, you don't - fear not, you'll love 'em, too!!

Here's what you'll need:


Flour, baking powder, salt, butter, milk, shredded cheddar, garlic powder.


In a bowl, sift together the flour, salt & baking powder.


Now cut in your softened (NOT melted!) butter. this is easiest with a pastry blender, but if you don't have one you can make it work with 2 butter knives. (It's just kinda miserable!)



Go to town on it, mashing & combining until you have a bowl of coarse crumbs.


From here you're gonna make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Fill it with your cheese & then pour your milk into the center of it, too.


Now mix, mix, mix until it's all incorporated well. Drop by generously heaped tablespoons onto a cookie sheet. You're only aiming to get 12 out of this so don't be shy!



Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes.


While they are baking melt 1/4 cup of butter & stir in your garlic powder. Brush it generously over the tops of the biscuits when they are fresh out of the oven.


Mmmm...... ENJOY!



Garlic Cheddar Biscuits - like Red Lobster's

1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
5 TBsp butter, softened
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar
-----
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp garlic powder


Heat oven to 450.

In a bowl, sift together flour, salt & baking powder. Cut in the softened butter until it looks like coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center & fill it with the cheese. Add the milk & stir well to combine.

Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes, until they start to brown.

While biscuits bake, melt remaining butter & stir in garlic powder. Brush mixture over hot biscuits.

Makes 12.


I've added this recipe to
Totally Tasty Tuesday
on Mandy's Recipe Box!



2 comments:

  1. I don't like seafood either, but I am bookmarking this recipe to try. They sound good!
    P.S. I love all of your step by step pictures that you do on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a recipe to make these using bisquick, I will have to try this. I like not using box mixes!

    ReplyDelete

Counter